Winter is well and truly here, brr… so I thought I would share with you 5 tips to help you stay healthy this winter…
I try to remind my clients these small tips throughout the year to help remain strong, fit and healthy but these tips are even more important in the winter. These are often things overlooked or simply laughed at as they cannot have ” that ” much of an impact on our health, right?
1. Drink plenty of water, no not wine, water! lol not only will drinking water assist your body with detoxing after the Christmas holidays that are fast approaching, staying hydrated serves to enhance along with reinforce our immune system.
Drinking lots of water will battle against coughs and or colds. Staying hydrated our lymph to travel all the more successfully around the body helping us to dispose of frightful intruders, bugs, colds, coughs or infections.
2. A more suitable new years resolution as opposed to giving up chocolate each time is to organize then prioritize your sleep along with your overall rest! Rest has massive affects on our cortisol levels, in this manner our rest helps to reduce strain on our immune system. Sleeping for at least 8 hours a night will avert winter bugs again along with colds, coughs or infections.
3. Tune in also listen to your body ( often forgot in our quest to stay healthy this winter ). Beginning New Year with a wellness plan or personal training plan is excellent! however, in the event that you are feeling a little under the weather, with a cold or infection. Changing your fitness plan is more important.
Obviously to stop working out altogether is never ideal, but maybe concentrate on a less rigorous session focused on stretching along with conditioning. This will do you along with your immune system more good, as we put strain on our immune system every time we workout.
By taking it easier when unwell, will keep you moving yet not put pointless weight on the body, enabling you to battle off infection all the more effortlessly.
4. Eat your greens ( not just because I am Vegan, honest lol ) In the rainy days along with the dull months of winter such as of January, concentrating on ensuring you incorporate vegetables from all assortments or arrays into your eating regimen is paramount to your winter health.
Eating more greens will supply the body with a plenitude of nutrients, minerals along with antioxidants. Doing as such will support your immune system, thus help to ensure your success in fighting against winter sickness.
5. Wear gloves (often neglected among the list of things that help to stay healthy this winter) it might sound unusual however on the off chance that you are an ordinary suburbanite on trains or tubes like most of us daily to get to work etc it is a smart thought to keep your winter gloves on while you travel. Such a large number of bugs are transported then given freely on the handrails, seats basically everywhere there is public access.
By keeping your hands bug free you will altogether decrease your exposure, but of course don’t forget to wash them when you get home. Some of these things seam so small, yet I assure you once you start incorporating them into your lifestyle you will be surprised on how much stronger along with healthier you will start to feel 🙂
If you found this post ” 5 Tips To Stay Healthy This Winter ” interesting could you please give me a share or a like here so others may find value in this post. Also it would mean the world to me, if you gave me a follow me on Instagram
Do you have any questions? please feel free to comment below, or simply start a private live chat in the bottom right of this page, or alternatively you can also send me a message here
Or maybe you just want to skip the chit-chat to Book an Online Session With Me Now
To our continued health and success